A Day In The Life | Totnes and the Barbican

It was my Mum's birthday a few weeks ago and my parents and I decided to go to Totnes.  It is a beautiful place on the East coast of Devon with various cafes and shops to keep you entertained for the day.









We went for brunch in a little place called Amalie's Deli which was delicious.  My Mum and I had full English breakfasts and my Dad had Eggs Benedict.  The full English consisted of your choice of eggs (poached all the way!), bacon, mushroom, tomato, sausages and toast.  However as I can't eat wheat I skipped the sausage and toast.  I also had a cup of tea and my parents had coffees.  (The tea was particularly nice).

The day started off very rainy and grey however once we had finished brunch the clouds all seemed to disappear and we could take down our hoods which was great.  (Plus it's always better taking photos when the weather is nice!)

Next we just wondered around the shops and the local market.  My Dad bought me an apple pie from a gluten-free stall in the market called Tilleys which was delicious!  I also headed into Crew Clothing and there was a sale on, with an extra 20% off sale items - bargain!  I treated myself to a new t-shirt which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. The bottom panel of the t-shirt is actually silk which adds a lovely piece of detail to it and makes it a little more dressy than an ordinary top.  It is a lovely fit and it hangs beautifully.  I like to pair it with a pair of jeans and wedges!



I also went to this little shop which sold candles and other pieces of homeware.  I bought a candle which smells absolutely divine!  Here is the description of the candle off of their website.

"Fresh zests of orange and bergamot introduce a spiced blend of ginger, cinnamon and cardamom, with touches of rose and jasmine. Cedar, patchouli and amber add warmth with vanilla and sandalwood coming together to close."





After all of our shopping we headed to a little place called The Curator Cafe which was brilliant for both hot drinks and gluten-free cakes.  I had a mocha and a piece of gluten-free pear, chocolate and banana cake which was delicious.  



Later that evening we went down to the Barbican in Plymouth for a meal to complete my Mum's birthday celebrations.  We went to this delightful place called Quay 33 which, as the name may suggest, is a predominantly fish-based restaurant.  They do, however, do other options too if you're not too keen on fish or seafood.  Here are a couple of pictures of my starter and main course (both were delicious). 



My Mum decided to go here as we had never tried it before, she loved the look of the menu, it wasn't ridiculously expensive and it was great for those who are gluten-free.

Overall it was a really lovely day and I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures!
See you in the next post,
Molly x 
  

Comments

  1. Thanks Molly for a wonderful memory of my Birthday, we did have a lovely day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite alright! We will have to do it again some time. The weather made it a lovely day :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment