The Beauty Tag



Thank you so much to the lovely Hannah who nominated me to do the beauty tag!  The link to her blogpost is here.  Her blog is definitely worth a read, so do go and check it out.  I am obsessed with all things beauty related so when I got tagged I was so excited to answer Hannah's questions!

What is your favourite high street makeup brand? 

I would say that my favourite high street makeup brand would have to be Bourjois.  As much as I love brands such as Rimmel and Loreal etc, I always seem to be really impressed by Bourjois products.  I always seem to enjoy using them.  It is not a particularly expensive brand, although some of their foundations can be around the £10 mark which, compared to some of the other foundations you can get on the high street, is a little steep.  However with the help of my Boots card and the fact the quality of the products is so good (in my opinion), I think it is a brand worth investing your money in.
  

What is your favourite high end makeup brand?

I don't have the most extensive budget for makeup (sad timez) but I have tried the odd product from high end makeup brands.  I am going to have to pick two brands for this as I can't pick one!  Firstly I have to say Chanel - not only do their perfumes smell amazing but the Rouge Coco lipsticks are amazing too.  I have the colour Gabrielle (linked here) which is a beautiful matte red with a slight sheen, and it is quite moisturising and long wearing too.  My second favourite brand is Benefit.  Firstly the Porefessional is amazing at providing a great base for makeup and prolongs its wear time.  I also like the They're Real mascara and I particularly like the Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow and concealer primer.  

One item of makeup you couldn't live without? 

This is a tough one!  If I had to pick just one.... I think it would have to be concealer.  I get a little bit of redness on my cheeks and my nose as well as the occasional spot and I think that concealer is just amazing for evening out my skin tone (if I couldn't use a foundation, that is).  It is also amazing for brightening the under eye area.  I am currently using the Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer which I am loving.

What's your go to makeup look? 

I would say mainly a natural look.  Day to day I wear foundation; nothing too heavy, concealer, powder, blusher, a little bit of bronzer and a natural eye (a bit of eyeshadow and mascara).  I only ever wear colour on my lips in the evening if I am going somewhere and I will put more eyeshadow and eyeliner on.  Other than that I just wear a clear lip balm.

Do you have a skincare routine? 

I dip in and out of a skincare routine, which probably confuses my skin!  I normally take my makeup off with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and then take any residue off with Bioderma.  I will then use the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser and the Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm (whatta mouthful!).  If I am going all out with my skincare then I like to use the Boots Botanics range, including the All Bright Radiance Concentrate Serum and the All Bright Hydrating Night Cream, as well as the Superdrug Hydrating Serum.

What's the biggest makeup mistake you've made? 

I would say choosing the wrong colour foundation.  A while back I wanted to buy a new foundation and they didn't have my colour, so I just went for the next shade darker thinking it would be alright (it looked a bit like I had fake tanned my face and forgot about my body).  I use that foundation now, but only in the summer when I am a bit more tanned!

What's the most underrated makeup item you own?

I would probably say the Soap and Glory 'Lid Stuff' eyeshadow palette.  I haven't really heard that many people talk about this product, but I think it is amazing! It is the perfect little palette to put in your makeup bag.  The one I have has a beautiful cream coloured matte shade, a shimmery brown, a matte dark brown and a pinky/peach matte colour (which is beautiful in the crease).  It's only £10 and I think it's a must have for everyone's makeup bag. 

Bright or nude lip? Matte or gloss?

It depends on what I'm doing, if I am going out in the evening then a bright red or pink lip is my go to, however in the day I would opt for a nude shade.  However whether I am going out in the evening or not, I rarely go for gloss as my hair always ends up sticking to my lips and it's the most annoying thing! I much prefer a matte or creamy finish. 

And that's all the questions! Thank you again Hannah for nominating me.  Here are the people I am nominating:

Beka - http://www.bekaellen.com/

Abbie - https://abbieinwonderlandxo.wordpress.com/

Rachael - http://www.girlirae.com/


Here are my questions (if you choose to answer them of course!) :) 

What is your favourite brand of makeup brushes?

What are your three must have makeup or skincare products?

What is your favourite high street or drugstore brand and why?

Do you wear nail varnish? If so, what is your favourite one?

Do you like scented makeup products? If so, what is your favourite type of scent?

Are there any makeup or skincare products that you would pay more money for because you think it is THAT good?

Can you remember what your first ever makeup purchase was?

What do you look for in a mascara?


I hope you enjoyed reading this post! See you in the next one,
Molly x

Comments