UPTOWN LEXINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA

During my time at Western Carolina University I enjoyed visiting different areas in North Carolina.  One of my favourite places that I visited has to be Uptown Lexington, where my amazing friend Emily lives.  She kindly invited me to go home with her for a weekend to stay with her family.  I had the best time ever and I can't wait to show her where I live one day!






Emily took me to the pottery shop/cafe where she works.  It is the cutest place ever and the people who were working there were really friendly and showed me upstairs where the pottery is made.  They very kindly gave me a mug that was made there, which was so sweet of them.  This was in September, and the pottery shop was preparing for Halloween/Fall and created some adorable Witch's hats and pumpkin faces. 






We also went to a very quaint and retro sweet shop where I bought lots of American candy - they were delicious! It also had a really cute section in the back packed full of antiques.  There were some really interesting things which I would have wanted to buy but there was only so much room in my suitcase unfortunately!






We then walked around the shops.  I loved that pretty much all of the shops were cute independent ones which sold really interesting items and gifts.  Walking around had such a lovely and welcoming feel and everyone was so friendly.  






Lastly we visited the old Courthouse.  This was really interesting and you could feel its history as you walked around.  The building was beautiful.  













I loved visiting this place so much.  You could really feel its history and you could see its beauty.  I am so grateful for Emily and her lovely family for letting me stay with them - they were so caring and accommodating.  Being so far away from my home, they welcomed me into theirs.  I really want to go back and visit one day!

Comments