Exploring Bath (And Its Gluten-Free Food!)

As you may already know, I have a wheat intolerance and therefore have completely cut wheat and gluten out of my diet.  I've been doing this for around twelve years, so I'm pretty used to it by now! I have noticed over the years that supermarkets and restaurants have become so much more accustomed to people who are gluten-free (whether it is an intolerance/allergy or a dietary choice), and now it is so easy to find things that are gluten-free when out and about.

A couple of months ago (I know this blog post is so late haha) my boyfriend and I went to Bath as a birthday treat for him.  We went for a couple of days and it was great.  (I actually used to live there but I don't remember it unfortunately!)  Bath is STUNNING and has amazing history and buildings which we loved exploring.

We also ate out a few times and I wanted to make this blog post sharing the gluten-free food I ate, as I found it so easy to find food that I fancied eating!

D A Y  O N E : L U N C H 

ROSARIOS


When I last visited Bath a few years ago my parents and I discovered this little gem called Rosarios.  It is such a cute place with a large variety of food, lots of which are gluten-free or can be made gluten-free which is amazing.  I decided to go back here with Ciaran as I knew we would have a tasty lunch!  I had a delicious Homemade Pesto Chicken and Tomato sandwich (on gf bread) which was sooooo good! It's not pictured in this post as I ate it before I thought about taking a picture, oops!  The bread was very tasty and all of the fillings were so fresh.  (Ciaran had the Local Sausage Panini, not gf - which also looked yummy).  We also both had a mocha which were also lovely.

 WALKING AROUND THE SHOPS


D I N N E R
CAFÉ ROUGE


In the evening we decided to go to Café Rouge (one of our faves).  I had the Poulet Breton which is a staple favourite of mine, I have it every time.  As the name suggests, it consists of chicken, with herb mashed potato, courgette, mushroom, spring onion etc in a cream sauce, it's sooooo good.  Then for pudding I had an Eton Mess which is a classic, and happens to be gluten-free too which is fab!  Both courses were delish.  This restaurant has an excellent selection of gluten-free dishes.  It is clearly written on the menu which are gluten-free with a (G), and others say (GO) which means it can be made gluten-free. 

D A Y  T W O
EXPLORING BATH


C R E A M  T E A


Before we set off to drive home, we decided to go for a cream tea at the well-known Pump Room Restaurant as part of the Roman Baths.  I saw on their menu that they offered gluten-free scones so I really wanted to try them.  We both just went for scones, cream, jam and a pot of tea each which was definitely enough to be getting on with!! The gluten-free scones were DELICIOUS and are the nicest ones I have ever tried.  The cream and jam were gorgeous too. I would highly recommend going here if you are in Bath!

Overall we both had a lovely couple of days away.  It was nice and relaxed and I would love to go back in the summer when it's hopefully a little warmer!

Comments